The SC|05 Technical Program serves as the bridge between attendees and the research and development community, where new and innovative ideas in computing, networking, software, and storage are presented, exchanged, discussed, and debated. The SC|05 Program Committee has worked hard to build an outstanding technical program, which is composed of:
- Invited Speakers. Visionaries and leaders in the field will present their views and prognostications on the field of supercomputing.
- Technical Papers. From hundreds of submissions, a select group of outstanding papers will examine a diverse set of technical issues.
- Tutorials. Many courses, from introductory to advanced level, are offered. Topics taught by renowned experts range across technological trends, specific products, theory and practice.
- Panels and BOFs. Numerous panels and Birds-of-a-Feather sessions will provide forums for discussion, analysis, and a little pontification.
- Workshops. Workshops offer the opportunity for in-depth presentation, discussion and interaction on topics ranging from the highly technical to the geo-political.
- Masterworks. Sessions consisting of invited talks will highlight the applications of supercomputing and associated technologies to real-world problems.
- Awards. Awards ceremony recognizes leadership in supercomputing. Featured are the Seymour Cray Computer Science and Engineering Award and Sidney Fernbach Memorial Award, which include presentations by the winners. Also, the following awards are presented in this ceremony: Gordon Bell, HPC Software Challenge, StorCloud, Bandwidth Challenge, Best Paper, Best Student Paper, and Best Poster awards.